Hungry tiger

Re: Hungry tiger

Postby Drunken Stone Fist » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:06 am

A sub program would be awesome. It soumds like this tiger system has some fundamental differences from other tiger based systems out there that I've heard off, that seems to be the pattern for all the eight shadows systems. One more question, what is the the type of training done in order to develop the power to tear flesh with the claw beside the qigong? Many people train their tiger claw but not many actualy develop the ability to really tear live flesh, gripping jars with tiger claws seem to be the mothod that most practioners use as the best way to build the strength of the tiger claw but I just wanted to hear what you have to say? Thank you
Running water never grows stale
Drunken Stone Fist

Postby EccentricM » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:38 am

Shifu Ripski wrote:the adrenalin rush can be somewhat controlled mentally. What I mean is the mind can remain cognizant even through the rush.

This sounds rather intriguing. Is that to say that you can "turn on and off" the adrenal system in the body? I imagine that would not only be good for combative use, but on the healing spectrum as everything has two sides to it right? It sounds like it could be good for stress and panic control/relief, if one can actually manually control his adrenal bursts like that and learn to shut it down as opposed to sparking it up.
"You can give an artist a writing pen and he will be able to make art, but giving someone who cant draw a master artist's kit, doesn't mean he will be able to draw a masterpiece. "
EccentricM

Postby Shifu Ripski » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:10 pm

It is a powerful qigong method indeed. Changing the relationships in the nervous system to make the adrenal glands open up is a heavy thing to be able to do and yes of course it has the healing aspects as well. It is the fight or flight response ofthe body and can be affected either through mental and or physical means.

The tiger back posture is the first stage of the hungry tiger training and open the neck and back and engages the kidneys in an emotional way, opening the adrenaline up to be used. Open and round the back pulling the shoulder blades apart and downwards towards the waist. Da zhui shjould be open and prominent and the head tilted slightly down to open the back of the neck. Make sense?
The path IS the obstacle.``
Join the Inner Courtyard by Subscribing here: http://subscribe.redjademartialarts.com
Shifu Ripski
Site Admin

Postby EccentricM » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:34 am

Shifu Ripski wrote:It is a powerful qigong method indeed. Changing the relationships in the nervous system to make the adrenal glands open up is a heavy thing to be able to do and yes of course it has the healing aspects as well. It is the fight or flight response ofthe body and can be affected either through mental and or physical means.

The tiger back posture is the first stage of the hungry tiger training and open the neck and back and engages the kidneys in an emotional way, opening the adrenaline up to be used. Open and round the back pulling the shoulder blades apart and downwards towards the waist. Da zhui shjould be open and prominent and the head tilted slightly down to open the back of the neck. Make sense?

Yeah I think I got it, like jade tablet but curving more as opposed to straightening right? Pulling the back out to concave the chest but then tilting the head down a bit rather than pulling back and then the shoulders. The shoulders im having the most difficulty understanding, you mean to pull them apart from each other with a downward intention towards the sides of the waist or to just pull them apart and have them inline with the sides of the waist? Oh wait.. you meant apart as in from a "rear" view right? So the shoulders go "inwards towards my waist?" in order to open my back more? Ahhh.

Actually I'll do a video attempting to see if im getting you right. A few angles and positions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cXwBLPPdrE
"You can give an artist a writing pen and he will be able to make art, but giving someone who cant draw a master artist's kit, doesn't mean he will be able to draw a masterpiece. "
EccentricM

Postby Shifu Ripski » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:49 am

Looks like you are getting it, from the rear view the shoulder blades pull apart and down towards the waist.
The path IS the obstacle.``
Join the Inner Courtyard by Subscribing here: http://subscribe.redjademartialarts.com
Shifu Ripski
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Questions for Shifu